Risk solutions and claims services
The only thing better than fast, expert claims service? Not having to make a claim in the first place. Hanover Risk Solutions professionals can help identify and mitigate risks, reducing exposures and preventing potentially costly losses before they occur. Drawing on a wide array of resources, including construction-specific programs and best practices, our experienced consultants can assist in designing a program based on your particular needs.
Expert risk solutions
The Hanover Risk Solutions website offers risk management tools and resources specially designed for construction businesses — available 24/7.
- Contractual liability — guidance about contract management and certificates of insurance.
- Equipment operation and worker protection — safety strategies to help reduce risk and maintain a safer work environment. Topics include working with backhoes, cranes, hot work (cutting, welding, grinding), and equipment lockout.
- Fall prevention — tips for developing an effective fall management program, including sample checklists, fall protection measures, OSHA ladder safety regulations, and the proper use of scaffolds.
- Safety programs — help with developing an effective safety program to protect your company’s most valuable resource — your employees.
- – Job site safety: accident investigation tips, job site inspections, mold control, and construction site housekeeping.
- – Fleet safety: information on commercial driver’s licenses, distracted driving prevention, and preventing rear-end collisions.
- – Worker safety: OSHA training requirements, asphalt fumes safety precautions, safety precautions for workers dealing with concrete, preventing heat stress, trenches and excavations, temporary electricity safety, working in confined spaces, and cold weather safety.
- Security — guidance on construction site security, equipment theft prevention, and metal theft prevention.
Customers can also enjoy access to free online training videos on a wide variety of relevant topics. Additional OSHA training links include:
- OSHA Focus Four (falls, caught in-between, struck by, and electrocution).
- Construction safety, including carbon monoxide in construction, cranes, fall protection, and other construction hazards.
Industry-leading construction claims services
Our claims teams have years of construction industry expertise and experience within the areas of construction defect, pollution, injury-related cases, and property damage. You can count on us to handle even the most complex of claims, ensuring timely communication throughout the claim and fair resolution.
Our experience makes all the difference
- Total loss adjusters specialists — we employ experts in the fields of water mitigation, subrogation, risk transfer, litigation management, nurse and legal analysis, accounting, and SIU.
- Special accounts claims teams for larger accounts — benefit from enhanced services and reporting, including loss runs, claims reviews, location coding, and large deductible recoveries, and an after-hours service program. Includes access to a secure claims portal for reporting, forms, claims notes, and financial details.
- 24/7 access to national emergency services — including storm response, water extraction, dehumidification, mold mitigation, smoke or soot removal, and more.
- Restoration services — The Hanover has partnered with Vericlaim Repair Solutions, a countrywide network of repair contractors, to help customers with property damage return to pre-loss condition. Vericlaim has over 2,000 licensed contractors and offers one of the best warranties in the ins urance industry (roofing/siding/gutters —five years for replacements and one year for repairs, general contracting — three years for repairs and replacement).
Contract expertise — our team of experts can offer insight, while not rendering legal advice, with your contractor contracts, reviewing the language and sharing common terms to look out for to assist you when a risk transfer to another party or carrier may be appropriate. Careful review of contracts and appropriate risk transfer language could potentially save thousands of dollars in a loss.
Advanced technology for superior service
- Agents have secure access to claims on The Agency Place (TAP) — 24/7 access to claims status, including claim notes, financial details, forms, and claims contacts.
- ClaimXperience — app provides the ability for our property adjusters to conduct a virtual property inspection on low severity claims using live video on your smart phone or tablet.
- Infrared sensors — a smartphone tool which allows our property adjusters to visually scope and detect water/mold damage using infrared scanning.
- Drone — property adjusters can visually scope damages on tall roofs, confined spaces, or areas that might not be safe to access.
If an incident occurs
Prompt reporting of new or potential claims is especially important to help expedite the investigation of incidents. With this in mind, The Hanover offers three convenient ways for businesses to file a claim:
This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not provide any coverage or guarantee loss prevention. The examples in this material are provided as hypothetical and for illustration purposes only. The Hanover Insurance Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“The Hanover”) specifically disclaim any warranty or representation that acceptance of any recommendations contained herein will make any premises, or operation safe or in compliance with any law or regulation. By providing this information to you, The Hanover does not assume (and specifically disclaims) any duty, undertaking or responsibility to you. The decision to accept or implement any recommendation(s) or advice contained in this material must be made by you.
114-10054 (9/17) LC 2017-204