The Hanover Insurance Group Foundation
The Foundation's goal
The goal of The Hanover Insurance Group Foundation, Inc.* is to improve the quality of life in communities where our companies - The Hanover and Citizens Insurance - have a major presence, with a mission to enact meaningful and positive change in the lives of underserved youths and empower the difference makers who support them.
Jurisdiction of giving
Our primary focus of giving is in communities in Massachusetts and Michigan, where our companies have a major presence.
All grant applications for foundation funding will be reviewed and a decision will be made within 45 days of receipt.
All applications are evaluated based on the following:
- Extent to which the submitted program aligns with the focus areas of the Foundation
- Level of available funding from the Foundation
- Clear and measurable program objectives and outcomes
- Fiscal responsibility of the agency and program
- Amount and availability of support from other funding sources
- Fully completed grant application submission packet
If your agency receives a grant, you may be asked to work with The Hanover’s corporate communications department to develop news releases to announce the grant award. You may also be asked to submit a follow-up report to The Hanover within one month after completion of a one-time event or at the end of the calendar year for ongoing programs. The report may include, but is not limited to:
- Final program budget
- Participation information
- Significant outcomes and measures of success
- Opportunities for improvement
- Sponsorship recognition
- Photos, if applicable
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
*Includes The Hanover Insurance Company, and Citizens Insurance Company of America, companies of The Hanover Insurance Group