Our underwriting commitment to you
Our underwriting team works hard to help make The Hanover your carrier of choice for preferred accounts. Our expert underwriters are committed to building relationships with you, ensuring mutual success and profitability.
We are dedicated to being a best-in-class underwriting organization by applying superior underwriting acumen, analytics, advanced technology and thoughtful flexibility to write profitable business for you.
Why Hanover underwriting?
The Hanover's underwriting team uses a direct access model.
Our agency partners are positioned with a key contact on the underwriting team, who provides continuity by seeing your business through from issuance to the maintenance stage.
And with direct access, you receive timely communication to ensure you are up-to-date with the latest resources and industry information.
of agencies say that The Hanover underwriting department is responsive, ensuring ease of doing business for our partner agents.
How we help you succeed
Our goal is to identify opportunities for you to succeed. Our underwriting team provides first-rate service that you can rely on to discuss:
- Unique profile risks
- Special coverage questions
- Referred new business
- Home evaluation questions
- Renewal inquiries
- Non-renewal inquiries
At The Hanover, we have a strategic structure to our underwriting teams to help you handle your customers' unique needs. See our teams below for what team best fits your needs today.
Contact our teams
Hanover Prestige underwriting
- Handles any accounts with homes that have Coverage A of $1 million+
- Tailors coverage options for individuals with higher-value home and auto
Middle Market underwriting
- Serves as direct access for agents writing preferred Platinum business
- Handles accounts with homes that have Coverage A under $1 million
Agency support team (AST)
- Answers your questions about billing, rate validation, fee waivers, TAP and TAP Sales and technical support
Home evaluation team
- Handles replacement cost estimator disputes that may arise
- Addresses inspection vendor concerns
"We partner with you to understand your customer's unique needs and recommend appropriate coverage so they don't pay for protection they don't need."
- Tim Dillahunt, Vice President Underwriting
Get the underwriting information you need to know. Use the link below and search for "guide".
Give us a call
If you have questions, our team is here to help. We have a dedicated underwriting phone number you can access.