Frequently asked questions - online payments
- What browsers work best on your website?
For optimal performance, we recommend Google Chrome, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and above. You can go to Google.com/Chrome or Microsoft.com/Internetexplorer to download the latest versions.
- Can more than one person register to pay the same policy over the web?
Yes, more than one insured can register the same policy at My Hanover Policy. The email address for each registered user must be unique.
- What credit cards do you accept?
We accept American Express, MasterCard, Discover and Visa
- My payment is late. How can I make my payment quickly?
There are a couple of options to help you if you find you need to make a payment right away—you can call 800-573-1187 or click on Bill Pay and select One-time payment. Payments must be made by 6:00 p.m. EST to ensure that your payment is posted to your account on the same day. Payments made after 6:00 p.m. EST will be posted to your account the following business day.
- If I sign up for e-Billing, will I still receive a bill in the mail?
No, if you are enrolled in e-Billing, you will no longer receive paper billing statements or EFT withdrawal notifications in the mail.
- My email address has changed. How do I update it?
Update your email address by logging in and selecting "My Profile & Paperless Settings" in the left navitation bar.
- Why don't I see a recent payment reflected in my balance?
Payments made within the last 48 hours may not be reflected in your balance or amount due.
- Does The Hanover accept payments I make on my bank’s website?
Yes. When enrolling on your bank’s site, please be sure to use the 16 digit customer number located on your invoice.
- Can I change my personal information online?
You can update your email address as well as any banking information associated with recurring EFT. However, if you’d like to change other personal information such as your name or address, please contact your agent as it may affect your policy.
- Can I make payments on policies I have linked to my account on My Hanover Policy?
Yes, you can. Select "Pay My Bill" from the linked policy.